Latimer was founded in 1882 as a result of the Iowa Central Railroad constructing a rail line in the area.
We are located North of Highway 3 just 1 mile East of Interstate 35. Our population is 507.
A small and quiet community, Latimer strives for a clean and safe environment in which to live. We are very supportive of businesses and welcome companies of all sizes. Allow us the privilege of showing you around!
Dr. Milton Wirtz, a dentist from Latimer was the inventor of a plastic eye prosthesis. Because of the many soldiers who lost eyes during World War II, he felt a need for an eye replacement. Exhibits of his works and equipment are located in the Franklin County Historical Museum in Hampton, the University of Northern Iowa Museum in Cedar Falls, and the Smithsonian Institute in
We love having visitors, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
200 N Akir St, PO Box 744, Latimer, IA 50452
07:30 am – 03:30 pm